Water Licensing and Permits
The Water Resources Division administers the regulatory functions of the NT Water Act. This includes permits and licences for Surface Water and Groundwater extraction and water bore drilling. The section also assess compliance under the NT Water Act in relation to Surface Water and Groundwater Extraction Licences, Construct or Alter Works (Dams/ Interference with a Water Way), Bore Construction Permits and the investigation of breaches under the NT Water Act.
Below are a list of application forms under the NT Water Act and associated information to assist you with understanding regulatory and compliance issues related to surface water and groundwater management in the NT.
Bore Construction Permits
- Application for a Bore Construction Permit (pdf 51Kb)
- Example of Bore Site; to go with Application for Bore Construction Permit (pdf 72Kb)
- Drilling for Water (pdf 1.05Mb)
- New Statement of Bore Form (pdf 27kb)
Note: Construction for a new bore or work overs to existing bores are to be undertaken by an NT licensed driller.
Groundwater Extraction Licences
- Application for Grant or Renewal of Licence to Take or Use Groundwater (pdf 52Kb)
- Benefical Use Declarations (pdf 317Kb)
- Groundwater Pumpage Return Sheet (Excel 45Kb)
- Supporting Information Documentation (pdf 166kb)
Surface Water Extraction Licence
Construct or Alter Works
(Dams/Interference with a Waterway and Roadworks)
Application for Appeals
- Application for Review or Decision or Action (pdf 87Kb)
For further information phone your relevant Licensing office for details;
|Darwin||(08) 8999 3632|
|Katherine||(08) 8973 8831|
|Alice Springs||(08) 8951 9215|
|This Adobe PDF document may require a newer version of Adobe Reader than you are currently using. Click here to download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.|