NR Maps NT
"a web mapping application for the discovery, interrogation and mapping of natural and cultural resource data and information".
The new version of NR Maps is now available!
- NR Maps - Getting Started Guide (pdf 645kb, updated 20 Feb 2015)
- NR Maps - How to Find a Bore and Bore Report (pdf 510kb, updated 23 Feb 2015)
- NR Maps - Species Atlas (pdf 724kb, updated 14 Apr 2015)
- NR Maps - How to Download Spatial Data (pdf 302kb, updated 20 Apr 2015)
Features of the new NR Maps NT:
- New universal resource locator (URL) http://nrmaps.nt.gov.au
- Users can download certain GIS data
- 45 new data layers and growing
- Improved data frame, map image resolution, and printing facilities
- Quick search for land parcels and bores
- More tools such as buffering, selection, and redline
- NT aerial photography background will be available to the public
- Mining titles, BOM's Geofabric and NT Department of Mines selected GIS layers
NR Maps NT enables you to select themes of data, display their geographical extent on a map and view the information or data available (features or attributes) for each individual data point or polygon.
- Reference and context is provided by base layers, including land administration, infrastructure, geology and topography.
- Functions include zooming, panning and spatial selecting and identifying of features, and basic map creating.
- Simple search functions for each theme of data exist to enable text based searching or filtering of feature attributes and display of the result of the search on the map.
Themes of Data currently available are:
|Water||Groundwater and Surface Water, Monitoring sites, Bores, Water Management Areas, Storm Surge|
|Land||Soils, Land Units, Land Systems, Land Use and Survey Boundaries|
|Vegetation||Vegetation Survey Boundaries, Weeds, Rainforests, National Vegetation Information System|
|Flora and Fauna||Species observations, Sites of conservation significance|
|Parks and Wildlife||Parks and Reserves|
|Maps||Corporate map products|
|Reports||Search archives in NT Library|
CAUTION: The NR Maps NT website contains pop-up windows.
If the pop-up blocker in your web browser is turned ON, pop-up windows will not display. To use this site, turn OFF the pop-up blocker. (Select Tools menu, then Pop-up Blocker)
About the data: NR Maps NT displays data that is in a suitable digital format from the contributing custodians. Many datasets are in the process of being populated and additional data may be available from the custodian. Data will continue to be added as it becomes available. LRM data custodians are encouraged to contribute their data to NR Maps NT.
Digital Data Requests
Some digital data is currently available for public download from NR Maps NT. This functionality is under development and it is anticipated that more layers will be available in the future. In the interim, if you are seeking digital data from this department that is not available for download in NR Maps, please complete the Digital Data Request Form: Download
Forward the completed form to the Spatial Data and Mapping Unit via one of the following options:
|Fax||+61 (08) 899 93667|
LRM Data Request, Spatial Data and Mapping.|
PO Box 496, PALMERSTON NT 0831 Australia
Spatial Data and Mapping Unit|
4th Floor, Goyder Building
25 Chung Wah Terrace, Palmerston NT 0830
Supply of digital data via FTP data transfer
Upon the completion of a Digital Data Request, LRM is able to transfer the data to clients via our FTP server. FTP Factsheet (pdf 75kb).
For further queries, please contact the Spatial Data and Mapping Unit
(08) 895 19216 Data Requests Officer
(08) 899 94579 Scientific Data Manager
(08) 899 93602 Senior Manager
(08) 899 93470 Spatial Systems Development Manager
(08) 897 38843 Katherine Office
(08) 895 19216 Alice Springs Office